Some People Still Like Dubya ~ Party Political

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Some People Still Like Dubya

I was watching the news and I saw a clip of George W. Bush and the First Lady walking from one area to another, waving and saying hello to various Americans who had apparently lined up to see them. I found myself wondering why there weren't any scowling faces in the crowd.

My perception was that most people dislike the President and his ways. So it surprised me to see Americans waving and smiling. I figured any place the President is must have its own prerequisites for allowing someone near him. "Are you a fan of the President? Do you like him? Are you a friendly person?" People are probably quickly analyzed on a similar basis for suitability.

But what if that's not it at all? What if people are waving and smiling not because they like him according to the actions he's taken, but rather because of how he acts in public, and because he won't be President for too much longer?

It doesn't feel like he'll declare martial law and suspend all elections, but you never know.

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

No comments: