President's Day Ad On TV Makes You Think ~ Party Political

Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day Ad On TV Makes You Think

Well, it made me think anyway. They played "Hail to the Chief" in a sort of marching band style that gave me the impression they didn't really care about the President or the authority contained therein. Of course, if we all met the President in person, it would be quite an experience. An honor for many, even for many naysayers. Still, it made me wonder if the events of the past 7 years have given us the impression that our President isn't really "for us."

I thought, "Why doesn't the commercial seem truly Patriotic? It seems to be paying lip service to the ideas of national pride, and pride in our leader. Why don't we all feel inspired?"

Maybe we need to wait another year. I look forward to a time when everything makes sense and we can openly share legitimate positive feelings concerned with those in charge and the direction of our country.

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

No comments: