Dems Turn Evil With "Little Bush" and McCain Troubles? ~ Party Political

Friday, February 22, 2008

Dems Turn Evil With "Little Bush" and McCain Troubles?

Channel surfing last night, I caught some of the Comedy Central political cartoon "Little Bush." I figure it's not a really old rerun because the ending emphasized how John McCain is supposed to be a puppet to George Bush. I've heard that point made before. That seems to be the main reason to dismiss McCain. But I'm not sure if I believe it. When I heard him speak, I got the distinct impression that he was not like Bush. Plus, he used to be a Democrat!

Anyway, I thought, "Gee, 'Little Bush' used to be a bit more appealing when it was uniting the anti-Bush citizens. But now it's trying to use that sentiment to dismiss a candidate who hasn't even done anything yet." It's not like McCain has lied to us and then taken us to war. "But he will!" someone says. Yeah, right. Maybe we do need to stay in the Middle East for decades.

Yahoo news seems to lately be highlighting allegations against McCain for various acts of wrongdoing. So is Yahoo at fault for focusing on the negative aspects for McCain and not for all candidates? Or are the Democrats purposely tearing their one Republican opponent down? I don't think Huckabee would do that, specifically because the vibe I get from the Republican party is that they're all in this together now. Obviously they'd have to be, given the unappealing impression of the party at this point.

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

4 comments:

The Linden Row said...

Great blog you have here! I gotta agree, the Republicans are solidly with McCain on this one. The innuendo published by the NYT should shame them (the 2000 ugly e-mails they recieved might do the trick.) I have come to the conclusion that McCaon is the only sane choice, though both he and Obama mat prove dissappointing in the end.

Guy said...

Thanks. I think McCain is pretty decent too, specifically because of his stance on torture being wrong. That's why when I read your "Sorry Charlie..." piece, I was shocked to see that "McCain voted against the HR 2082 Conference Report, a bill banning the use of waterboarding...." So I followed the link, and did see that McCain voted Nay, but the Measure Title said it was "A bill to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the United States Government, the Community Management Account, and the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability System, and for other purposes." So it seems like the bill is more about money than anything else. Anyway, I thought the stuff about torture might have been buried in some subsection, so I visited the page with the 5 different versions of the bill, and ended up perusing the section titles of the last one, the one the Senate agreed to. There was a lot of stuff there, and I didn't search into too much detail after skimming the headers, but I didn't notice anything about torture or interrogation. I was just wondering if you knew which part mentioned that? Thanks

The Linden Row said...

Thanks for pointing that out. The link was to the original resolution and not the conference report they actually voted on. I've amended my original post to include accurate linkage. Here is the Feinstien addition to the final conference report prohibiting techniques not in the Army Field Manual. Sec.327

Guy said...

Thanks. That's pretty scary that a guy so many apparently trust will say one thing and do another. You'd think with all the experience he has, he'd know to at least use Obama's technique of voting "present" instead of raising a red flag with a vote of "no."