Obama Did Drugs And That's OK ~ Party Political

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Obama Did Drugs And That's OK

Spoke to a representative of the Obama Campaign today, and I asked him what was on my mind. Obama and drugs...what happened?

He told me that in Obama's book, he made a point of mentioning that as a youth, he had experimented with drugs. The rep mentioned how that's not so out of the ordinary, as many people have done the same.

I know that all the ads telling children not to do drugs are shown because so many kids do do drugs. And I can understand wanting a pure politician, someone elevated above real citizens. But at the same time, don't we want someone representing us who can identify with us and who we can identify with? I think so.

And he's quit drugs, right? So what's the problem?

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

No comments: