Edwards No Go On VP ~ Party Political

Friday, April 4, 2008

Edwards No Go On VP

I can't believe it. I was honestly expecting Edwards to return as a major player in the Democratic Party.

Sure, he was before he dropped out. And some people thought Obama and Hillary might team up.

But then they got to attacking each other, and Edwards seemed like he might be able to fill the role of VP should Obama win and reject Hillary, or should Hillary win and reject Obama.

He didn't specify who he supports (at least not at the time when I first heard about this). I think that's just because no one is on top yet. If he supports Obama and Hillary wins, that would weaken her nomination because the 3rd place Democratic candidate wasn't behind her. It makes sense for him to wait before "making up his mind."

Could he change his mind later and become VP anyway?

If you liked this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

No comments: